Partial Lyrics Cause Unwanted Combining

From: Marteno MINIĤ
Subject: Partial Lyrics Cause Unwanted Combining
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 18:00:20 +0000

Hello,

In my song basses are singing alternative lyrics (pa ba da ba) only in
a part of the song (before and after that are singing normal lyrics
with everybody else).

I was trying to figure out from the manual how to do this in Lilypond
but maybe my solution is not correct although I cannot understand why.

Immediately after the "pa ba da ba" section, the notes "e" and "g"
(sung on "sil-ly") in bass part should go one after another but for an
unknown reason Lilypond combines them into one.

What is strange, the correct counting is not disturbed by this, as in
the last bar ("oh how nice") the top and bottom parts are aligned
correctly.

Obviously the alternative lyrics are causing this as when they are
removed the output is correct.

Please advise -- what am I missing and what is the correct way how to do this?

Many thanks,
Martin

-----------------------------------example-----begins--------------
\version "2.14.2"

\score {
  <<
     {
      <<
          \new Voice = "sops" \relative c' { c4 c c2
                 c4 c c2 c4 c c2  }
          \new Lyrics \lyricsto "sops" { Sing- ing my
                sil- ly song oh how nice }
      \\
          \relative c' { c4 c c2 c4 c c2 c4 c c2 }

     }
  \\
     \new Staff { \clef bass

            \new Voice \relative c { c4 c }
            {
              <<
                  \new Voice = "pabadaba" \relative g { g8
                       f e d }
                  \new Lyrics \lyricsto "pabadaba" { pa
                     ba da ba }

            }
            \new Voice \relative c { e4 g c2 c4 c c2  }