Re: Partial Lyrics Cause Unwanted Combining

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Partial Lyrics Cause Unwanted Combining
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 19:20:23 +0100

Marteno MINIĤ <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> In my song basses are singing alternative lyrics (pa ba da ba) only in
> a part of the song (before and after that are singing normal lyrics
> with everybody else).
>
> I was trying to figure out from the manual how to do this in Lilypond
> but maybe my solution is not correct although I cannot understand why.
>
> Immediately after the "pa ba da ba" section, the notes "e" and "g"
> (sung on "sil-ly") in bass part should go one after another but for an
> unknown reason Lilypond combines them into one.

I suspect <URL:http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=2010>

Try putting s1*0 at the end of the _notes_ before the problem lyrics.
That way the lyricsto context syllables inherit this duration as default
and the whole situation hopefully does not occur.

Of course, this is only a workaround for a really weird bug.

--
David Kastrup