Drum patterns and MIDI

From: Torquil Macdonald Sørensen
Subject: Drum patterns and MIDI
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 15:20:08 +0100

Hi!

Finally I have managed to use Lilypond for two-voice drum patterns. I found out how to define short twozvoice patterns that I can place in any order I like, as in the attached file. However, when structuring my Lilypond files like this, I get no midi output...

If someone could please have a quick look at the attached Lilypond file to see what I have done wrong, I would be very grateful. The PDF output looks fine, but the MIDI file seems to be empty.

I have structured my file differently than the drum examples I have found online, because defining the patterns like I have done is much more convenient than to make separate definitions of upper and lower voices that are to appear on the same staff.

If I could only get a non-empty MIDI file from this, it would be wonderful...

Best regards
Torquil Sørensen