Re: Drum patterns and MIDI

From: Torquil Macdonald Sørensen
Subject: Re: Drum patterns and MIDI
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 21:40:45 +0100

On 20/02/12 19:52, Marc Hohl wrote:
Am 20.02.2012 15:20, schrieb Torquil Macdonald Sørensen:
Hi!

[...]
I have structured my file differently than the drum examples I have found
online, because defining the patterns like I have done is much more convenient
than to make separate definitions of upper and lower voices that are to appear
on the same staff.
IIRC, there is a known problem with drum voices and MIDI if you use << ... \\
... >>
instead of declaring the voices explicitly, so probably you'll have to use the
separate definitions ...

Ok, thanks!

Just for completeness, I have attached the approach that works. It seems somewhat cumbersome and unnatural to have to define two sets of drum patterns and to have two similar blocks of code to string the patterns together.

I'll see if I can find some online info on the problem that you mentioned.

Best regards
Torquil Sørensen