Re: Extending bar line across ungrouped staves

From: -Eluze
Subject: Re: Extending bar line across ungrouped staves
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 00:04:40 -0800 (PST)

lilypond-7 wrote:

> I can't seem to find the right search terms to reveal how
> to extend bar lines across ungrouped staves.  I'd like both
> the bar line and the final barline to extend across both
> staves in the two-bar example below.
>
> \score {
>   <<
>     \relative c' {
>       e1
>       <<
>         { < b d g>1\fermata }
>         \new Staff {
>           \override Staff.TimeSignature #'stencil = ##f
>           \clef bass
>           <g,>1\fermata
>         } % staff
>       >>
>       \bar "|."
>     } % relative
>   >>
> } % score

with the << … >> construct you are defining a group of simultaneous events
(staves) and this context defines the BarLine appearance:

using  \new StaffGroup  will join the barlines of the different staves.

you can also use \override StaffGroup.BarLine #'allow-span-bar = ##t

to change that behavior.

hth
Eluze