Re: dashed beam

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: dashed beam
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 18:10:09 +0000

On 2/22/12 8:44 AM, "Neil Thornock" <address@hidden> wrote:

>Has anybody ever tried to come up with a dashed beam?
>
>I'm not sure the best way -- I would try PostScript, but I don't know
>how to cap the line end with a vertical, rather than
>perpendicular-to-the-line, stroke...

Don't use PostScript; do use the path stencil that LilyPond provides.
Draw a parallelogram, not a line.  The path command will automatically
take care of the necessary rounding.

But you might consider modifying the ly:beam::print code that is found in
lily/beam.cc, or alternatively the Lookup::beam code that is found in
lily/lookup.cc in order to add a dashed parameter and create multiple
stencils.

HTH,

Carl