Re: Is there an equivalent of #define ... #ifndef ... #endif in lilypond

From: Michael Hendry
Subject: Re: Is there an equivalent of #define ... #ifndef ... #endif in lilypond?
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 02:45:43 -0800 (PST)

David Kastrup wrote:

> David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:
>

> I picked the \paper settings of the book.
>
> Updates:
>       Labels: Patch-new
>
> Comment #5 on issue 2343 by address@hidden: Faulty file-naming when
> outputting multiple \books
> http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=2343#c5
>
> Issue 2343: Faulty file-naming when outputting multiple \books
>
> http://codereview.appspot.com/5698050
>

> It is conceivable that you don't need the C++ part of the patch just to
> try it out in case you don't have the means to recompile.
>
> --
> David Kastrup

Thanks, David.

This is all a bit close to the bleeding edge of the technology for me!

Is there a simple guide to the application of patches? - I'm looking for a
step-by-step Delia Smith-style recipe as opposed to a more relaxed Jamie
Oliver one, which might not be correct in every detail!

Going back to my previous problem, I'd hoped I might be able to move:

\book { \GuitarBook }
\book { \ConcertBook }
\book { \TrumpetBook }
\book { \AltoBook }

to the top of the file, so that I could comment out the unwanted \book
statements, but lilypond doesn't seem to like forward references.