Bug squad needs help to verify a critical bug on Mac OS X 10.4

From: Colin Hall
Subject: Bug squad needs help to verify a critical bug on Mac OS X 10.4
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 11:49:17 +0000

Hi,

I'd like to ask for some help from the Mac users out there, specifically those
running version 10.4 of Mac OS X. You might have seen David Kastrup's post
earlier this month about a bug in Lilypond that is a roadblock for the next
major release of Lilypond which will be version 2.16.0.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2012-02/msg00107.html

Since then a candidate fix has been developed and it is included in the latest
development release of Lilypond, version 2.15.30. The bug squad would urgently
like to verify that the issue is fixed but we don't have access to a Mac
running Mac OS X 10.4.

If you have a suitable machine you can help by downloading Lilypond 2.15.30 and
running it on your Mac, as follows:

a) Download Lilypond 2.15.30. See [2]
b) Double click the app to run it.
c) Confirm that the Lilypond user interface appears as expected
d) Job done! Let us know by replying to this email or posting to the user or
bugs mailing lists. [3]

If you need further guidance on how to perform any of these steps please reply
to this email or contact the team via the mailing lists.

Alternatively, if you have a copy of Mac OS X 10.4 that you are no longer using
would you consider donating it to the Lilypond team? If so, please get in
touch, as I have suitable hardware on hand.

Cheers,
Colin.

[1] Here are instructions for determining what version of Mac OS X you are
running:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1633

[2] Download the development release here:
http://www.lilypond.org/development.html
http://download.linuxaudio.org/lilypond/binaries/darwin-x86/lilypond-2.15.30-1.darwin-x86.tar.bz2
http://download.linuxaudio.org/lilypond/binaries/darwin-ppc/lilypond-2.15.30-1.darwin-ppc.tar.bz2

[3] Here is the contact page: