Re: beam slope

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Re: beam slope
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 17:24:13 +1100

On 25/02/12 16:28, Helge Kruse wrote:
Hello list,

I already sent this inquiry yesterday. Unfortunately it didn't appear in the
list. Therefore I try it again. I hope this doesn't look like any kind of spam.

Lilypond calculates a very nice slope for the beams. But it fails when I add a
staff change. What's wrong with my Lilypond code?

How can I convince Lilypond to add a slope or tweak it by myself? I would like
to get a layout in the second measure with slopes similar to the first measure.

You can manually specify the positions of the beam ends with

\once \override Beam #'positions = #'(a . b)

where a and b are the position in staff units of the left- and right-hand ends of the beam, with 0 being the center line of the staff.

Nick