Re: LSR updates: was: polychords: a working solution

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: LSR updates: was: polychords: a working solution
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 09:58:29 +0100

Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> 2012/2/19 Thomas Morley <address@hidden>:
>
>> use-custom-fonts-flat-b-and-sharp-#-symbols-for-chords.ly
>>  I simply added added lowercase? To the definition of
>> my-chord-name->pop-markup
>>  Of course lowercase? Is of no use here. A better fix would be more invasive.
>
> I made some additions. Now \set chordNameLowercaseMinor = ##t and \set
> chordNoteNamer = #note-name->german-markup is possible.
>
> Shall I integrate it or use the simple fix?

What are people's feelings about the rather bland compatibility fix of
just catching a wrong-number-of-args error and try calling without that
arg?  Possibly lowercasing the result manually afterwards (if the flag
is set), but that may not work with arbitrary markups.

If we don't want to encourage a mixture of code styles flying around, we
can still emit a warning.

Of course, this snippet itself should be changed, but we could help with
compatibility in that manner.

--
David Kastrup