Re: Extending bar line across ungrouped staves

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: Extending bar line across ungrouped staves
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 01:55:28 -0800

Thank you for your reply.

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 12:04:40AM -0800, -Eluze wrote:

> lilypond-7 wrote:
> >
> > I can't seem to find the right search terms to reveal how
> > to extend bar lines across ungrouped staves.  I'd like both
> > the bar line and the final barline to extend across both
> > staves in the two-bar example below.
> >
> > \score {
> >   <<
> >     \relative c' {
> >       e1
> >       <<
> >         { < b d g>1\fermata }
> >         \new Staff {
> >           \override Staff.TimeSignature #'stencil = ##f
> >           \clef bass
> >           <g,>1\fermata
> >         } % staff
> >       >>
> >       \bar "|."
> >     } % relative
> >   >>
> > } % score
> >

> with the << ??? >> construct you are defining a group of simultaneous events
> (staves) and this context defines the BarLine appearance:
>
> using  \new StaffGroup  will join the barlines of the different staves.

Using it where?  If you would, please modify my tiny example
of the problem to illustrate a tiny example of the solution.

> you can also use \override StaffGroup.BarLine #'allow-span-bar = ##t
>
> to change that behavior.

Is that an alternate solution, or does it work only in
conjunction with \new StaffGroup?

None of these placements of that override accomplished any change:

\version "2.14.2"

\score {
  <<
    \relative c' {
      e1
% \override StaffGroup.BarLine #'allow-span-bar = ##t
      <<
% \override StaffGroup.BarLine #'allow-span-bar = ##t
        { <b d g>1\fermata }
        \new Staff {