Re: Note names in Midi Note Numbers?

From: Brett McCoy
Subject: Re: Note names in Midi Note Numbers?
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 14:26:40 -0500

2012/2/28 Jonghyun Kim <address@hidden>:

> In both midi sequencers(muse2 and rosegarden), can I calculate the pitch and
> the other one?
>
> Ie: 48 + 50 = 98
>
> It means: c + d = ?(i dont konw exactly..)
>
> I wanna calculate by half step also quartertones.
>
> Ie: 48.5 + 50 = 98.25
>
> It means: c semi-sharp + d = ?
>
> Could you understand me?

I don't think either Muse or Rosegarden can calculate pitches that
way, although they do both support MIDI pitch bending to acquire
microtones using continuous controller values.

You might also be interested in Glasgow pitchtracker, which was
recently integrated into Rosegarden:

http://www.n-ism.org/Projects/microtonalism.php

But I suggest you ask your question directly to the Rosegarden mailing
lists rather than here.

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
it would overturn the world."