Re: Simple chord/lyrics sheets?

From: D'Arcy Cain
Subject: Re: Simple chord/lyrics sheets?
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 00:29:58 -0500

On 12-02-28 12:03 PM, James wrote:
I've found a way of doing this in LilyPond by making the notes and stave
invisible -- but lyrics are tied to notes, to even though I'm not displaying
notes, I have to write them -- breaking the "fast and convenient to write"
requirement.

Not necessarily.  There is another mode for lyrics:

VerseOne = \lyricmode {
  \markup {\italic "adlib" }1

  _1 _ _ _ _2. From4 |
  nowhere2 through4 the |
  caravan1 |
  _2. a-4 |
  round4 that camp- fire |
  light4 a love- ly |
  woman in mo- tion |
  _4 with hair as |
...etc.

- Is LilyPond the right program to tackle this, or would something else be
better (some LaTeX package?)

It is for me because I always create the bass line.  It's a good way
to create lead sheets because the bass notes help visualize the timing.

I tried just removing the bass line in one of my lead sheets.  It sort
of worked but there was no time signature or bar lines.  I suspect that
Lilypond isn't tool you are looking for.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <address@hidden>         |  Democracy is three wolves
IM: address@hidden