Re: Display score title differently on odd or even pages

From: Jay Anderson
Subject: Re: Display score title differently on odd or even pages
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 20:44:37 -0700

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 3:35 PM, David Nalesnik <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Jay,

> :
> The discussion at
> http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.14/Documentation/notation/reference-to-page-numbers
>  is
> helpful in this regard.
>
> From define-markup-commands.scm, I took the definition of \page-ref
> discussed in the link and adapted it so that it returns a markup justified
> to the left or right sides of the page, depending on whether the page number
> is even or odd.
>
> Notice that I used "piece" for the title of each item.  I'm not sure why
> substituting "title" gives no output.

That's great! This method works fine from scoreTitleMarkup so it works
fine for my purposes. It'd be nice to be able to do it without the
label though. It obviously knows page numbers by this point, but I
can't figure out how to get at the current page number. In any case
this is good enough. Thanks!

-----Jay