Re: Formatting of lyrics

From: -Eluze
Subject: Re: Formatting of lyrics
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 01:22:11 -0800 (PST)

please always reply to all so others can participate, learn or help!

> Dne 4.3.2012 22:29, -Eluze napsal(a):
>>> Hello,
>>> now I looking for solution of several other problems:
>>> 1. is there a way to insert markup into the stanza?
>>>      something like this: \set stanza = \markup {...something...}
>>
>> go ahead - it works!
>
> On Windows version 2.14.2 not - on sourcecode:
>
> verseI= \lyricmode {
>     \set stanza = \markup {test} foo -- bar ...
>
> I got following error:
> syntax error, unexpected LYRIC_MARKUP
>     \set stanza =
>                       \markup {test}  foo -- bar ...

>>> whereto you wanna shift it - center, left-aligned … ?
>>> give us a small example, we might be able do do it!
>>>

> partially solved problem:
>
> My intent is - first syllable align on left, all other default. This code
> works:
>
> sl = { \tweak #'self-alignment-X #LEFT \once \override LyricText
> #'X-offset = #-0.7 }
>
> verseI= \lyricmode {
>     \set stanza = "1." \sl foo -- bar ...
>

> this not (bug? wrong syntax?):
> sl = { \tweak #'self-alignment-X #LEFT \tweak #'X-offset #-0.7 }

>>> \mark \markup "*" !?
>
> I'm sorry, I need this in lyrics - this information dropped from the
> original e-mail. At that point does not work

>>> I don't understand what you mean - you have an example (scanned or
>>> whatever) ?
>
> O.K. - see attachment - I am interested in the "R" at the end of even
> verses (symbol "R" I've created).

1) it works from version 2.15.2!
2) please provide a full small compilable example (or showing the error)!
4) not sure if adding a bar or mark engraver in lyrics helps - someone
else!?
5) here it is:  http://old.nabble.com/file/p33442122/psalm-fragment.jpg
psalm-fragment.jpg

Eluze