Re: Formatting of lyrics

From: -Eluze
Subject: Re: Formatting of lyrics
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 06:31:57 -0800 (PST)

>>> \mark \markup "*" !?
>
> I'm sorry, I need this in lyrics - this information dropped from the
> original e-mail. At that point does not work

1) it works from version 2.15.2!
2) please provide a full small compilable example (or showing the error)!
4) not sure if adding a bar or mark engraver in lyrics helps - someone
else!?
5) here it is:  http://old.nabble.com/file/p33442122/psalm-fragment.jpg
psalm-fragment.jpg

here is possibly an approach to solve point 4:

\version "2.15.31"
mus = \relative c' {
  \partial 1
  a4 b8 b c4 d |
  a b c d |
}
lyr = {
  \lyricmode {
    \partial 1
    ah ha- ha ah! oh! |
    ah ah ah? oh! |
\layout {
  \context {
    \Lyrics
    \override BarLine #'bar-extent = #'(-1.5 . 2.5)
    \override BarLine #'stencil = #ly:text-interface::print
    \override BarLine #'text = \markup \teeny \bold "*"
    \consists Bar_engraver
    \consists Default_bar_line_engraver
\context Staff {
  <<
    \new Voice = mel { \mus }
    \new Lyrics \with { stanza = \markup \italic \small "it works!" }
    \lyricsto mel \lyr

}

hth
Eluze