Vertical Spacing - A Newbie Question

From: Robert Thompson
Subject: Vertical Spacing - A Newbie Question
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 12:57:13 -0500

I've used Lilypond a few times and been generally impressed. However, there is one thing I cannot figure out: how do I leave a vertical blank space between lines of music? For example, if I'm transcribing a chart that has a D.S. al coda, I'd like an inch  or so of space between the main chart and the coda.

This seems like such an obvious requirement, and I apologize if my befuddled brain hasn't recognized it in any of the documentation.

                        Regards and Thanks
                        RWThompson