Creating a mini-system for a separate coda

From: Janne Uusitalo
Subject: Creating a mini-system for a separate coda
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 00:05:27 +0200

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping to Lilypond something not at all uncommon in pop sheet
music but missing from the snippet repository and eluding my search
phrases. It's basically an inline block of coda set apart from the
bars preceding it, like so:

http://imgur.com/asy1o
http://imgur.com/ReROt

The first image is a scanned example of what I've been trying to
reproduce, and the second where I've gotten so far—which is pretty
close. The only thing missing is the systemStartBracket, and I'm stuck
with no idea how to insert one in the middle of a system. Does anybody
reading this happen to know the secret ingredient?

I'm using version 2.14.2 and the following lines of code (parts of
which need to copied to other voices for the whole thing to work):

{% music before coda %}

\stopStaff s1 \startStaff \bar ""
\mark \markup { \musicglyph #"scripts.coda" }

\override Score.Clef #'space-alist = #'(
    (cue-clef extra-space . 2.0)
    (staff-bar extra-space . 0.0)
    (key-cancellation minimum-space . 3.5)
    (key-signature minimum-space . 3.5)
    (time-signature minimum-space . 4.2)
    (first-note minimum-fixed-space . 5.0)
    (next-note extra-space . 1.0)
    (right-edge extra-space . 0.5)
)

\override Staff.Clef #'full-size-change = ##t
\set Staff.forceClef = ##t
\clef "treble_8"
\key \default

{% music for coda %}