Re: Floating markup / Markup takes too much space

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Floating markup / Markup takes too much space
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 13:37:50 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Frank Steinmetzger" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2012 5:16 PM
Subject: Floating markup / Markup takes too much space

Dear list

I am trying something new; I want to include a logo in my copyright line. I
have here a one-page sheet consisting of a score and a markup block which
contains the text for verses 2 to 4.

Now according to annotate-spacing, I have 11.13pt of space left. The image in
the screenshot was included with the command
\epsfile #Y #6 #"inc/filename.eps"

But even if I increase the image's height from 6 to a mere 7, the markup above
is pushed to a second page. Can you please explain to me why that is and,
ideally, how I can get around that?

For future projects, where I don't have so much space left -- like multipage
scores with a constant number of systems per page -- I think it would be best
if I could make the image take up no additional vertical space at all, i.e.
make it float above all other elements.

My version is 2.12.3.

There have been a _lot_ of changes in the spacing calculations between the version you're using and current stable, which is 2.14.2. I suggest trying with 2.14 and letting us know if the problems remain.

--
Phil Holmes