Noteheads exactly over bar lines

From: Siska Ádám
Subject: Noteheads exactly over bar lines
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 22:14:12 +0100

Dear list,

I've been using Lilypond for a while, but only to create excerpts of classical
music. Now I'd like to try whether I could switch from hand-engraving to
Lilypond with my own music. I'm trying to engrave an orchestral piece that
requires 'time/space notation'. I found most of the instructions in the manual
for this, however, I can't figure out how to put the first noteheads of the
measures exactly over their respective bar lines (like in some of Tristan
Murail's scores, for example). Could you please give me an advice on how to
achieve this?

Any help is highly appreciated,
Ádám Siska