Re: Noteheads exactly over bar lines

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Re: Noteheads exactly over bar lines
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 13:00:43 +1100

On 10/03/12 10:24, Siska Ádám wrote:
On 2012.03.09., at 23:44, -Eluze wrote:
Siska Ádám-4 wrote:
Dear list,

I've been using Lilypond for a while, but only to create excerpts of
classical music. Now I'd like to try whether I could switch from
hand-engraving to Lilypond with my own music. I'm trying to engrave an
orchestral piece that requires 'time/space notation'. I found most of the
instructions in the manual for this, however, I can't figure out how to
put the first noteheads of the measures exactly over their respective bar
lines (like in some of Tristan Murail's scores, for example). Could you
please give me an advice on how to achieve this?

Any help is highly appreciated,
I can't really imagine what this should look like - can you provide an
excerpt or scan of this!?

thanks
Eluze

Dear Eluze,

thank you for your reply. Attached please find two PNGs. The
'current_state.png' shows an example of the settings I'm using right now (with
the note head coming a bit after the dashed barline) and 'what_i_need.png'
would be the solution that I'm looking for (with the barline exactly on the
first note of the measure, which I solved for now with some graphic apps, but
of course, that's not a real solution).

I don't know if it's of much use for your purposes, but you can use a notehead glyph as a rehearsal mark, which positions it directly on the barline:

\relative c' {
    d4 d d d
    \once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'extra-offset = #'(0 . -5.9)
    \mark\markup\normalsize { \musicglyph #"noteheads.s2" } d