Re: Status of Lilypond for MacOS X

From: James
Subject: Re: Status of Lilypond for MacOS X
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 13:56:20 +0000

hello,

On 10 March 2012 10:38, Hans Aikema <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 9-3-2012 18:39, Graham Percival wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 09, 2012 at 03:00:33PM +0000, Colin Hall wrote:
>>>
>>> There is a known critical issue with Lilypond for MacOS X version
>>> 2.14.2.
>>
>> I'd use different terminology.  The lilypond osx download page
>> clearly says "MacOS X 10.7 Lion is not yet supported.".  As such,
>> any failure to run on 10.7 is not a bug.
>>
>> - Graham

>> .
>>
> Graham,
>
> I tend to agree, but cannot resist to mention that your claim is incorrect.
> It's not clearly noted on all download-page (some don't even mention 10.4 as
> the lowest supported version). The remark is missing afaics on the pages in
> Czech (cs), Hungarian (hu), Japanese (ja), Dutch (nl) and Chinese (zh)
> download pages. Not all musicians speak
> English/French/German/Spanish/Italian. (Landing on the Dutch page by default
> made me crawl the other languages).

That is unfortunate, however 'most' (not all) of the non-english pages
are 'out of date' compared to the English one. It's not that there is
any bias, it's that if no one offers to translate these pages then
those of us who do doc and don't speak these languages cannot make any
changes to the files. I am not sure therefore what you expect to
happen.

Any suggestions welcome.

Regards

James