Re: Lilypond 2.15.33 on Mac OSX

From: Hans Aikema
Subject: Re: Lilypond 2.15.33 on Mac OSX
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 18:13:40 +0100

On 10-3-2012 15:12, James wrote:
Hans,

On 10 March 2012 13:59, Hans Aikema<address@hidden>  wrote:
On 10-3-2012 11:12, Colin Hall wrote:

On Fri, Mar 09, 2012 at 08:50:35PM -0600, James Worlton wrote:
I have downloaded and extracted Lilypond 2.15.33 on my PPC Mac 10.4.11.
Everything seems to work fine. No problems here!

James Worlton
Thanks for the feedback, James.

Cheers,
Colin.

Just downloaded and tested Lilypond 2.15.33 on my MBP (Core i5; early 2011)
Mac OS X 10.7.3
Opening up the app and typesetting the trial music works fine.

Is hyperlinking from the noteheads of the PDF (in Mac OS X's Preview app) to
the lilypond editor supposed to work out-of-the-box? (It's not, but it might
be that it never worked, it's just me trying for the first time)
Add \pointAndClickOn to your LilyPond file and recompile.

I haven't used MacOSX for a while so cannot remember if it is out of
the box or not.

It's ON out of the box (adding it does nothing to the Preview PDF, I still get a hand-icon, but no working links; adding \pointAndClickOff removes the hand-icon behaviour in Preview). As I don't know if hyperlinking was working before I wouldn't call it a bug yet, but it would be nice if Lilypond hyperlinking would work out-of-the-box for not-so-computer-savvy users. (Especially since the 'Trial.ly' mentions to 'Click one of the noteheads' which makes me assume that it worked in the past)

Regards,
Hans