Re: lilypond 2.15.33 available as a FreeBSD port

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: lilypond 2.15.33 available as a FreeBSD port
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 15:49:18 -0800

On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 12:08:45AM +0100, David Kastrup wrote:

> >> Remember: I don't use FreeBSD.  Only you can answer this question and
> >> thus tell us in what way what we are offering currently is a waste of
> >> time and effort.
> >
> > Nah, I can answer the question.  :)
> >
> > Relax.  He's being a nice freebsd person, and what he's doing will
> > be understood by other freebsd people.  It's nothing that the
> > lilypond developers should be concerned about.
>
> We should not be concerned about what our users want and need?  Well, at
> the very least we don't want to look stupid.

It is most assuredly not my intent to make anyone look stupid.
I may have been curt in my earlier messages, but that reflects
only on me, and I apologize.

By and large, the project is already providing what FreeBSD
LilyPond users want and need: a good product, built from clean,
open source code which is highly portable to run on a variety of
platforms.  Well done, all of you.

Jim