Re: Sibelius user looking for the easiest way to learn LilyPond

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Sibelius user looking for the easiest way to learn LilyPond
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 07:26:45 +0100

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 1:29 AM, Francisco Vila <address@hidden> wrote:
> 2012/3/13 Tim Roberts <address@hidden>:
>> Amen.  There are people who tell me they can do data entry in Finale
>> quite efficiently using a MIDI keyboard, but for me, from a standard
>> computer keyboard, entering LilyPond data could not be more efficient.
>
> I used to master Finale's Speedy Entry and liked to sing and type
> "Happy Birthday To You" at the same time, starting together and ending
> together.
>
> Now I can do the same (the complete song -- pitches and durations) in
> LilyPond. I still have spare time to add dynamics and a fermata.

Can you do the same with Handel's For unto us a child is born or
Mozart's Kyrie from Requiem d-moll? ;)

Personally i find typing Lily input a bit cumbersome.  I mean, the
keys used are scattered all over the keyboard (and shift is frequently
needed); i've been thinking about devising a set of shortcuts to ease
this, but now i'm too busy with Lily itself... I have some draft
though, maybe it would be useful for Frescobaldi?

cheers,
Janek