Re: Sibelius user looking for the easiest way to learn LilyPond

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Sibelius user looking for the easiest way to learn LilyPond
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 03:01:38 +0000 (UTC)

James Harkins <jamshark70 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> <http://www.dewdrop-world.net/words/blog5.php/2011/07/11/
> the-year-s-over-and-done>
>
> I digress a bit in the text, but the point is the 3/8 bar.
> In Finale, I'm quite sure you would have to spend(waste) time
> adjusting the horizontal position of one or the other voice *and*
> some of the dots.

Off topic, LilyPond now places the dots equally-spaced from the
noteheads, in that particular example.
<http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=2200>
Previously, LilyPond put them all in one column because that was
easier to program than figuring out when dots need to avoid noteheads
in another voice.