Re: Point-and-click on Frescobaldi?

From: Wilbert Berendsen
Subject: Re: Point-and-click on Frescobaldi?
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 16:06:24 +0100

Op Sat, 10 Mar 2012 13:13:05 -0500
Father Gordon Gilbert <address@hidden> schreef:

> Yes, changing a note and recompiling did the trick, thanks!  I had
> done a convert-ly and recompiled, and I suppose that's why it pointed
> down to where the changes were listed.

Indeed changes a convert-ly run the whole document (if you click OK in
the convert-ly dialog). When that happens, the point and click
locations are lost.

This is because the editor (a component in Qt4) looses the positions of
all text cursors when the whole document text is replaced. Text cursors
remember their position in a document while it is being edited, that's
why I use them for point and click (which was in Frescobaldi 1 called
"smart point and click").

But when a region of text is deleted, all cursors that were in it, now
point to the place the deleted region started. When then new text is
inserted, all cursors move to the end of the inserted position. This is
Qt4 behaviour, even when you delete a region and then undo it, the
point and click positions are lost.

But simply recompiling (even without changing a note) updates the PDF
and that triggers a re-load of the point and click positions.

--
Wilbert Berendsen
(http://www.wilbertberendsen.nl)