Re: Sibelius user looking for the easiest way to learn LilyPond

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Sibelius user looking for the easiest way to learn LilyPond
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 12:28:49 -0700

On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 08:20:13 -0700, Neil Puttock <address@hidden> wrote:

What happens if I want the old behaviour?  Do I have to move the
Dot_column_engraver back to the Staff context and forgo the
improvements in more complicated situations?

Yes.
But, somebody made a suggestion on the original enhancement request that (if
possible to implement) would give you aligned dots between voices when they
would be near-aligned if set independently.
Knowing that somebody wants a better solution, I re-opened the enhancement request.
<http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=2200>