Re: Point-and-click on Frescobaldi?

From: James
Subject: Re: Point-and-click on Frescobaldi?
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 08:42:45 +0000

Hello,

On 14 March 2012 23:35, Father Gordon Gilbert <address@hidden> wrote:
> Thanks, Wilbert,
>
> I had figured it was something like that, but I am too far from geeky
> to be able to implement something that complicated.  I certainly do
> make use of it, though!
>
> I have another problem now, however.
>
> When I upgraded Lily to the latest (2.15.33) and began to use Fresco
> again to work on a new file, the whole thing seems broken!  Not sure
> what I did, but in the compliation panel, all I get is the following:
>
> Starting lilypond-windows.exe. [file.ly]...
> Could not start lilypond-windows.exe.
> Please check path and permissions.
>
> I didn't *actively* do anything to the path or permissions, and I even
> tried uninstalling and reinstalling both Frescobaldi and LilyPond,
> with no improvement.
>
> Where to I look to find the problem, and how can I fix it?  Holy Week
> is coming up, and I have some things I need to do!  Help!

It almost certainly won't be Frescobaldi it'll be where/how windows
has installed your later version of LilyPond.

Install LilyPond as normal and then open a 'cmd' prompt (if you don't
know what that is then click on the start menu in the task bar and
either look for the 'run' menu option and type cmd or you can search
for 'cmd.exe' and open it.

Then from that command prompt type

path

This will list all the 'paths' to the applications you have installed.
It'll be a long list, and you should (hopefully) see something like

C;/Program Files/LilyPond/usr/bin; in there (I may have got that
slightly inaccurate - I am doing this from memory) but you will see
'LilyPond' somewhere.

If you don't see it then this is the problem and you will need to add
it manually.

I am about to leave for work, but if you still have problems or no one
else answers I'll be around in an hour or so.

James