Re: Add more space between arbitrary groups of notes

From: Svetlana
Subject: Re: Add more space between arbitrary groups of notes
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 11:51:18 +0400

Hi Kieren!

16.03.2012, 04:40, "Kieren MacMillan" <address@hidden>:
> Hi Svetlana:
>
> What about this solution?
>
> \version "2.15.32"
>
> \layout {
>   \context {
>     \Score
>     \override BreathingSign #'transparent = ##t
>     \override BreathingSign #'X-extent = #'(0 . 1)
>   }
> }
>
> theMusic = \relative c' {
>   c\( d e f
>   g\) \breathe g f\( e
>   d e\) \breathe d c
> }
>
> \score { \theMusic }
>
> Hope this helps!
> Kieren.

Thank you very much! This is a perfect solution. Now I can define some
variables like this:
bI={ \once \override Score.BreathingSign #'transparent = ##t
    \once \override Score.BreathingSign #'X-extent = #'(0 . 2)
    \breathe
}
with different spacings, keep the lyrics untouched and music source more
comfortable to read and write.

Now the only thing I need for my full joy - align upper lyrics to phrasing
slurs without writing explicit durations for each syllable.

Best wishes,
Svetlana.