Re: hiding accidentals

From: Jeffrey Trevino
Subject: Re: hiding accidentals
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 13:02:04 -0700

Mike!

Hey. That works. It creates a new problem, though: The grace note that happens right after the hidden note *should* have an accidental -- but the override seems to turn off the accidental engraver for both the main note and any attached grace notes. Is there a way to turn off the accidental engraver for a main note, without turning off the engraver for its attached grace notes?

thanks for your help,
Jeff

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 11:54 PM, address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mar 16, 2012, at 7:16 AM, Jeffrey Trevino wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm having trouble hiding accidentals in the middle of a glissando, where there will be notes without slurs, noteheads, or accidentals. Why doesn't my "hide-accidental" override work here?:
>

> \new Staff <<
>     \new Voice {
>         \voiceOne
>         \parenthesize
>         d'4 \glissando ~
>         {
>             s8. ~
>             s32
>             s32
>             s2 ~
>         }
>         \once \override NoteHead #'hide-accidental = #'#t

Hey Jeff!

\once \override Accidental #'stencil = ##f will give you what you're after.
Also, I've never seen #'#t.  It seems to work, but I generally see ##f or ##t in scores.

Go Cardinal!
~Mike

--
Jeff Treviño