Re: Manual bars: PDF and MIDI have different opinion on melismas

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Manual bars: PDF and MIDI have different opinion on melismas
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 11:22:00 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Frank Steinmetzger" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2012 5:24 PM

Dear list

I just discovered that 2.14 produces different lyrics for PDF and MIDI output,
when there are manual beams. Is this intentional?

A minimal example is attached. Note that, in the PDF, the text "three and
four" appears as expected under the notes, whereas in the MIDI, the notes on
"three and" are regarded as a melisma.

At first I thought it a regression over 2.12, but then found out that 2.12 did
the same thing and I never noticed the errors in my old MIDIs.
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
while (!asleep()) ++sheep;

Phil Holmes