Re: Message Window

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Message Window
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 17:00:14 +0100

Il 18/03/2012 11:15, Adrian Oehm ha scritto:
Hi

I was wondering if there was a way of setting the message window (the
one that display compiling progress etc - sorry if I've not got the
right name) to clear itself each time a file is typeset.

Given my lack of proficiency, I tend to make lots or errors and so
end up with a long list of errors etc when I compile - and if I do it
a couple of times I can't find the start of the current message
easily.

I know I can close the window, but it'd be nice if there was a way of
it happening automatically :-)

I'm running 2.14 on Mac OS X 10.6.

TIA

Hi Adrian,

you are using a terminal, right?
So you can hit Ctrl + L (at least on Linux, I have no experience with Mac) a couple of times, then press arrow up and execute the command again. There will be a gap between the last and the previous terminal output.

Otherwise you can use an advanced editor, such as Frescobaldi, which automatically cleans the console messages.