Re: bend and release (blues transcription)

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: bend and release (blues transcription)
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 10:59:13 +0100

Am 19.03.2012 00:28, schrieb luis jure:

hello list,

i'm transcribing a fragment of a blues recording, and i'm trying to solve
how to notate all the pitch deviations present in the voice and guitar.

i'm combining the use of plain glissandi, bendAfter, and grace
notes with \hideNotes and glissando for a "prebend" (BTW, how useful it
would be for this task something like bendAfter but "before" the note!).

but i don't know how to notate with lilypond the bend and release, like in
the attached image (it's taken from the legend at the end of the hal
leonard books).

some time ago i learned how to embed simple postscript code in lilypond,
but perhaps there's a simpler and more efficient "pure lilypond" way...
I wrote an extension for lilypond some time ago, which provides bends
and stuff. I didn't manage to get this nicely into lilypond, but meanwhile,
have a look at the attached files.

HTH,

Marc

best,