Re: Separating pitch and rhythm AND structure

From: D'Arcy Cain
Subject: Re: Separating pitch and rhythm AND structure
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 11:47:14 -0400

On 12-03-21 11:05 AM, Siska Ádám wrote:
is there an effective way to separate the pitches and the rhythms in a voice?
I'm thinking about something like defining a variable consisting only of
rhythms:

Rhythm = {
        \time 4/4
        4 4 4. 8
        8 8 4 4 8 8
        2 4 8 8 ...
}

and then apply this to different sequences of pitches:

Sounds like it would be a cool feature if it existed.  Not sure how
universally useful it would be but it made me think of a similar
feature that I would like.  Similar to above but for structure;

Structure = {
  \key c \major
  \tempo 4 = 110
  \time 4/4
  \partial 4

  % intro
  4 |
  1 1 |

  \repeat volta 2 {
    1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
  }

  1\fermata \bar "|."
}

And then everything else would be forced into that structure.  Perhaps
it can be combined.  Specify the rhythm as you suggest and add a flag
(strict?) to specific parts to apply the rhythm as you suggest.  That
way you don't have to have all or nothing.  Some parts can follow the
strict rhythm and other parts can deviate as long as it fits.

Not sure if key and tempo belong in structure.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <address@hidden>         |  Democracy is three wolves
IM: address@hidden