Re: Help needed creating a Mac OS X installer for Frescobaldi

From: Rodolfo Zitellini
Subject: Re: Help needed creating a Mac OS X installer for Frescobaldi
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 09:21:45 +0200

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 12:11 AM, vic hug <address@hidden> wrote:
> hello,
>
> seems to work here (mbpro 15" early 2011 osx 10.6.8), but can't find
> Lilypond, asks to check for lily path and permissions and i don't see where
> i should indicate the path. Anyway, i'm starting with updating Lilypond,
> which i haven't done in quite a time. And does lilypond work on osx 10.7 ?
> because download page says no...
>
> thanks for porting frescobaldi to mac btw :)

Thanks to all for your reports!
* 10.5 support: For the moment I'm unsure on how to support this, as I
packaged python + qt compiled with macports using the default system
compiler, I have to study a bit on how to have compatibility.

@Philippe: can you please try running Frescobaldi directly on the
terminal: frescobaldi.app/Contents/MacOS/frescobaldi
It is possible that it has some conflicts since you already have the
libs for frescobaldi installed (it should not, but nevertheless...)

In the next few days I fill try to figure out the various quirks with
runnin lilypond (I admit I always use it directly from the cmdline :)

@Wilbert: I will try to pack a bit the mods/additions and send you something :)

Ciao!
Rodolfo