vertical spacing between systems

From: Gagi Petrovic
Subject: vertical spacing between systems
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 16:05:30 +0200

Dear LilyPond users, the last few days I've been trying some vertical spacing (in v2.14.2 on OS 10.6.8) and somehow I can't seem to understand the mechanics of the spacing between systems as explained here. Even after copy-pasting the code and running it, I don't get the same results as in the example.

It looks like page-limit-inter-system-space set to true gets ignored: my first page looks not-ragged while my last page is ragged (like in the default setting).

Also using between-system-space = 1.5\cm seems to get ignored. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Kind regards, Gagi