Re: Regression test checking

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Re: Regression test checking
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2012 07:53:00 +1000

On 01/04/12 00:26, Phil Holmes wrote:
A reminder that there's a really easy way for LilyPond users to contribute to the development effort, with no skills required except being able to read music and use a browser. Full details are at

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/contributor/grand-regression-test-checking.html

Sounds like a good application for a blink comparator - I can remember using a mechanical one at the Perth Observatory many years ago during a school holiday job that my physics teacher setup for me, but they're now available as software. You load two images, register them (i.e. align a point on each image to co-incide), and then switch rapidly between them, which makes any difference between the images immediately obvious.

Nick