Re: midi 2 wave (Mac OS X)

From: Hans Aikema
Subject: Re: midi 2 wave (Mac OS X)
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2012 10:43:48 +0200

On 31-3-2012 23:29, James wrote:
Alberto,

2012/3/31 Alberto Simões<address@hidden>:
Hello, Friends

Quicktime plays midi, but too quiet.
I was looking for some other application that plays midi, or a way to export
quality wave fro Midi.

On old times, when I used linux, I used timidity++ for that.
What's the current solution?

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2012-03/msg00030.html

This was discussed a few weeks back as well.

James

James,

the discussion a few weeks back was the other way around.... wav/mp3 to MIDI. Alberto is looking for a midiplayer with decent volume (compared to Quicktime) or a midi-sequencer that delivers a good quality wave file.

Alberto,

I completely agree that Quicktime's playback is way too quitet. Timidity++ is still a good way to go. I've had it running in the past on my MacBook, not sure anymore how I got the Mac build. It might be out there on the web or it was a custom made macports build. Hope to look into that for you soon, but in the meantime you might do some searching on the web for Timidity and Mac OS X.

regards,
Hans