Re: Harp midi export

From: Nils
Subject: Re: Harp midi export
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 00:01:14 +0200

On Tue, 03 Apr 2012 00:35:30 +0200
Roland HAMON <address@hidden> wrote:

> Le 02/04/2012 23:28, Martin Tarenskeen a écrit :
> >
> > On Sun, 1 Apr 2012, LeGrosMario wrote:
> >
> >> \set Staff.midiInstrument = #"orchestral strings" works but \set
> >> Staff.midiInstrument = #"orchestral harp" fails. I tried #"47', which
> >> did not
> >> help.
> >
> > Strange. I just tried, and it works for me. My "orchestral harp"
> > sounds fine Could you give more info? Lilypond version, which
> > Soundfont are you using, a tiny but working example of your Lilypond
> > code ?
> >

> Strange, indeed ..
> I did another try and it worked here too !
> I have no idea why, really, but my midi plays perfect.
>
> lilypond rocks.
> --
>   LGM

Maybe this is a version problem?

I know for sure that in older Lilypond versions (2.10, maybe 2.12) there was an
error in the documentation, naming the harp "orchestral strings". There is no
such thing as orchestral strings in the midi standard, it is just the harp.

Maybe this was corrected for 2.14.

Nils