Regression?: Wrong order of MIDI tracks for lyrics

From: Frank Steinmetzger
Subject: Regression?: Wrong order of MIDI tracks for lyrics
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 01:02:06 +0200

Hello list

Starting with 2.14 (that's the version I used after 2.12 anyway), the order of
tracks in the MIDI file has changed.  While 2.12 ordered them as their contexts
appeared in the score (notes, text, notes, text, and so on, see code example
below), 2.14 puts all music tracks first, then followed by all text tracks.

I can live with that if need be, but 2.14 mixes up the order of text tracks
(seemingly) randomly, so it's harder to find out which text part belongs to
which music part. Please see the attached screenshot to clarify -- it shows
Rosegarden as it just opened the resulting MIDI from the following score.

\score {
\new ChoirStaff
<<
    \new Staff = "Sopran" {
        <<
            \new Voice="Sopran" \SopranNoten
            \addlyrics \SopranText

    }
    \new Staff = "Alt" {
        <<
            \new Voice="Alt" \AltNoten
            \addlyrics \AltText

    }
    \new Staff = "Tenor" {
        <<
            \new Voice="Tenor" \TenorNoten
            \addlyrics \TenorText

    }
    \new Staff = "Bass" {
        <<
            \new Voice="Bass" \BassNoten
            \addlyrics \BassText

}

    \midi {
        \context {
            \Score
            tempoWholesPerMinute = #(ly:make-moment 75 4)

As I said, 2.12 would have put the tracks of that score in the order in which
their contexts appear in the score, so in this case alternating between music
and text.

In the image you can see parts that have bars in them, those depict the pitch
of the music contained.  The parts without bars don't have music, but the text.
MIDI doesn't know about parts, so they are automatically created as they are
needed.  Hence the part in track 9 starts in measure 5 because that's where its
content begins, and so it belongs to track 2.  On the other Hand, the text part
in track 8 belongs to track 4.

Is this a regression?
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
Please do not use my email addresses within any Facebook service.

The most dangerous thing about half-wisdom is
that almost half of it is actually believed.