Re: MIDI export and partial bars

From: Joseph Rushton Wakeling
Subject: Re: MIDI export and partial bars
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 01:23:01 +0200

On 02/04/12 22:55, Nils wrote:
Midi understands time signatures:
What I did in Laborejo.org is to start with a measure which has a timesignature
of the length of the upbeat and after that place the original timesig.

Ahh, from a playback point of view that's a nicer tweak than rests at the start -- but still, that midi will not import ideally into other software and will still have the bar-number offset.

That said I don't care about Lilyponds midi export at all. I want Lilypond to
engrave PDFs. Midi export should be done one level higher. Needless to say this
is exactly what Laborejo does: One sourceformat with a high enough information
density to both generate Lilypond and Midi without any subtle information lost.

I _do_ care about Lilypond's MIDI export. ;-) I'm happy to work around the issue, I'm just curious about the feasibility of a real fix to the issue I've described.