Re: tie to note inside double backslashing voicing

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: tie to note inside double backslashing voicing
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 23:03:31 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 6:00 PM, trandrusiii <address@hidden> wrote:
> The only way I've found to create dynamics for a single note is to use
> voicing with spacers. This worked ok for a while but now I have a note that
> is tied to the upper voice and I get an error message saying that the tie is
> not terminated and nothing shows up on the score.

You must not use \\ shortcut here because it has limitations like this.
Please read
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.14/Documentation/learning/explicitly-instantiating-voices
- it should help you.
You may also search for previous thread named "Matching lyrics to a
one measure divisi".
Please let me know if this helps you.

cheers,
Janek