Bug: lyrics vertical spacing and dynamics with extra-offset

From: Frank Steinmetzger
Subject: Bug: lyrics vertical spacing and dynamics with extra-offset
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2012 20:33:32 +0200

Dear list

I am writing down the Tenor part of Mendelssohn’s Elias (Elijah) and stumbled
upon the following, which clearly is a bug (to me).

I attached the three bars of the piece in which it appears.  Notice that both
the upper and the lower voice contain a Dynamic mark.  The two marks have an
extra-offset each to get them closer to the staff.

In the first score, the lyrics are put nicely close to the staff. But as soon
as the lower lyrics span across the space where the dynamic mark would be
without the offset, both lyrics seem to ignore the space that became available
by using the extra-offset.  Thus, the distance to the staff increases again.

Is that a bug?  Or am I making a mistake here?

PS.: Because there has been no reply to it and others also reported problems
with ML delivery, did you get my mail about a regression concerning order of
MIDI tracks (from 3. April)?
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
Please do not use my email addresses within any Facebook service.

I hate being bi-polar.  It’s fantastic!