Re: tie to note inside double backslashing voicing

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: tie to note inside double backslashing voicing
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2012 23:00:59 +0200

On 2012-04-06 18:00, trandrusiii wrote:
The only way I've found to create dynamics for a single note is to use
voicing with spacers. This worked ok for a while but now I have a note that
is tied to the upper voice and I get an error message saying that the tie is
not terminated and nothing shows up on the score. Has anyone experienced
this before? or know a better way to do single note dynamics?

Don't use \\ (i.e. simply leave the double backslash out, which creates two separate voices):

<<  { g2. } { s4\>  s4 s4\! }>>  %no tie

This does not create new voices, but simply placed the g2. in parallel with the spacers in the same voice (i.e. if you would use notes instead of the spacers, you would get collisions etc.)

Cheers,
Reinhold

 * Financial&  Actuarial Math., Vienna Univ. of Technology, Austria
 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886