Re: musicxml2ly from sibelius

From: Josiah Boothby
Subject: Re: musicxml2ly from sibelius
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 00:44:33 -0700

> That is a python error, a bug in the musicxml2ly script.
> children is a list and index is a number but the number is higher than the
> list has items.
> Can't tell more from just that exception.
>
> Nils

Nils, would you like to see the file? I shouldn't put it out on the
internet where all can see (I'm not by any stretch the copyright
holder), but if you think looking at the file would help, I'd happily
send it your way.

> You could also try to import the musicxml file into MuseScore: MuseScore is
> available for Linux, Windows and Mac. It does not only read musicxml, but
> midi as well. Plus: it exports in lilypond-format!
>
> I've had success in reading a musicxml file which would *not* convert with
> the musicxml2ly script. This very file could be imported in MuseScore and
> exported as lilypond file.

Matthias, thank you for the suggestion. Will try that just as soon as
musescore finishes compiling :P

—Josiah