Re: node head positions

From: Colin Campbell
Subject: Re: node head positions
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 19:58:34 -0600

On 12-04-10 03:00 PM, Huang wrote:
Yes, I am looking for a way to highlight notes while playing MIDI. I will definitely check Frescobaldi to see how it works. I need to understand how Lily generates these notes and find out their positions.

Thanks,
Herbert

In addition to Frescobaldi, definitely my editor of choice on both WIndows and Linux, you could have a look at Rosegarden. It will import the MIDI files which lilypond can produce, and you can then display each track in Rosegarden's notation editor and see the notes highlighted as you play them through a MIDI output. Clearly, tools such as KMidimon and Rosegarden also allow you to watch the MIDI events as you hear them played, but if you are looking to hear the notation, then Rosegarden might well be worth a look.

Cheers,
Colin the Elder

--
I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both
hands.