Re: Avoiding tie/prall collision

From: James
Subject: Re: Avoiding tie/prall collision
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 18:20:40 +0100

Hello,

On 11 April 2012 17:53, Helge Kruse <address@hidden> wrote:
> Am 11.04.2012 09:36, schrieb James:
>>
>> 2012/4/11 Helge Kruse<address@hidden>:
>>>
>>> Honestly, I used the 2.13 documentation. Now I downloaded the 2.14
>>> documentation. Searching for stemDown\Up\Neutral I didn't find any hint
>>> favor voiceOne/Two/Three. But I did not read thorough 763 pages. Which
>>> section are you referring?
>>

>> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/notation/direction-and-placement
>>
>> It was added middle of March.
>
> Yes, unfortunately you can't find it in the German translation, what is
> displayed by default. But English is also fine for me. Thank you for this
> pointer. Do you think I should use the v2.15 docs for Lilypond 2.14? The
> release candidate for Lilypond 2.16 is already announced and so it might be
> sensible to look forward.

More or less - there may be some differences, some of the examples in
the Notation Reference that explicitly show  '\relative c' (I think)
are different in 2.14 than 2.15 and won't apply for 2.14 - this was
because of a syntax change internally, it doesn't affect the code you
have in your .ly file (or shouldn't) but might if you copied and
pasted the examples in your .ly file. There may have been some more
subtle changes but I would suggest that for 98.75354887% of your work,
the 2.15 docs should be ok. I use them all the time for my 2.14.2
install and have not had any problems.

James