Re: Avoiding tie/prall collision

From: James
Subject: Re: Avoiding tie/prall collision
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 18:24:51 +0100

Hello,

On 11 April 2012 17:53, Helge Kruse <address@hidden> wrote:
> Am 11.04.2012 09:36, schrieb James:
>>
>> 2012/4/11 Helge Kruse<address@hidden>:
>>>
>>> Honestly, I used the 2.13 documentation. Now I downloaded the 2.14
>>> documentation. Searching for stemDown\Up\Neutral I didn't find any hint
>>> favor voiceOne/Two/Three. But I did not read thorough 763 pages. Which
>>> section are you referring?
>>

>> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/notation/direction-and-placement
>>
>> It was added middle of March.
>
> Yes, unfortunately you can't find it in the German translation, what is
> displayed by default. But English is also fine for me.

Well it requires that any changes I do in the English document are
picked up and translated by the trasnaltors. The assumption is that
those that do the German Translating see my checkins and make the same
changes in the german doc. They do for the Spanish and French, but I
think that is simply because the two or three that do that are always
looking for it.

Virtually all the checkins I do are for doc only and so the
translators can easily see what I have done and if they need to make
the changes in their docs too.

But the translations are handled separately from the English
documents, so it is very likely the different translations are not
always consistent.

Patches are always welcome :) often I see the German translation gets
'left behind' compared to the Spanish, French and Japanese versions.

James