Re: musicxml2ly from sibelius

From: Josiah Boothby
Subject: Re: musicxml2ly from sibelius
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 03:02:39 -0700

Thank you, Mattias, for showing me this workaround!

> You could also try to import the musicxml file into MuseScore: MuseScore is
> available for Linux, Windows and Mac. It does not only read musicxml, but
> midi as well. Plus: it exports in lilypond-format!
>
> I've had success in reading a musicxml file which would *not* convert with
> the musicxml2ly script. This very file could be imported in MuseScore and
> exported as lilypond file.

Success! Eventually.

The problem seems to have been the fact that there were some cues
(possibly relevant: more than one), so there were measures where there
were more than one voice. Once I was able to delete the cues, I was
able to export to .ly without crashing MuseScore. Exporting to .xml at
this point, to test with musicxml2ly, did not produce a
lilypond-compatible .xml file.

—Josiah